Monday 16 March 2015

More Pi Anyone ? More Raspberry Pi 2 Adventures

The new case and upgraded power turned up, so I was able to get on with putting the Raspberry Pi 2 together.

Had a bit of a RTFM moment!

Up to now we have used Kodi and RasBMC installer

I tried to put the card from the existing Pi in to the Pi 2.  All I got was the rainbow screen.  I did the SD card install on my laptop so that it could reinstall the complete system.  Still got the rainbow screen.

I was beginning to think that the new Pi 2 was faulty.

I decided to try a different distro.  OpenElec was my chosen option.

On the OpenElec site it had two different installs for Pi B and Pi 2...

Oh!

The installer for the Pi 2 is no longer done with the RaspBMC installer.

I tried the OSMC installer.  Works fine now. Kodi runs, and most of all No More Rainbow Screen!

https://osmc.tv/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...